Sunday, December 2, 2012

Liebster blog award!

Thank you Kitty for nominating me for the Liebster blog award, that was so nice of you! And again congratulations on the wonderful addition to your family!

http://yesiwillbelosingit.blogspot.com/?m=1

*Rules:*

- When you receive the award, thank the person who gave it to you, and include their link in your blog.
- Post 11 things about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions of the person who nominated you.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Create 11 questions for your nominees!
- Inform the nominees of their nomination.

Let's see 11 things about me:

1. I was married on 10/14/06 to my husband who I met in college. We started dating when we bothb ended up taking a class together, a class I was only taking to stay full time as a student so I could stay on my dads insurance.

2. I have been in therapy since I was 17 years old. I probably should have started earlier.

3. I don't have one traumatic experience that I can pin point that caused my eating disorder. This seems to confuse people who think that EDs only happen if you are abused, and forget it is a complex illness that has many causes.

4. I have a Bachelors Degree in Nutrition, I picked nutrition as my major because of my ED. Looking back I was scared to try for a different degree thinking I wasn't smart enough so I should just stick with what I knew.

5. I want to change my life but I am scared of change.

6. I feel like I am naked if I leave my house without jewlery on. I always wear my wedding ring and engagement ring on my left hand and I wear atleast one ring on my right hand, earings, and a necklace. Sometimes I will add a bracelet.

7. I have 2 recurring nightmares that started when I was a teen. They vary slightly but in one I ant stop myself from bouncing off the ground uncontrolably (kind of like when you are "double bounced" on a trampoline) and th other is me driving and not being able to control the car sometimes I am driving but I can't reach the peddles or I am sitting in the backseat or the car lights are off and I can't see.

8. I daydream often.

9. I feel like I have lived several lives, I used to joke that at 14 I felt like a divorced 40 year old.

10. I am trying to prepare for the worst and hoping for better.

*11 questions: *

* Name the one part of your body you love.
Really? Ok I do actually have body parts that I don't hate: my eyes and my feet. I don't like anyone elses feet except babies but my feet are ok, plus I am able to buy childrens shoes sometimes because they are small.

* Where do you see your self in 5 years?
If I am being optimistic I would say still living in this area with my husband. I would be working freelance using my nutrition degree and filing the paperwork to be a foster family and buying a house.

* What is your favorite color?
Royal purple and than any shade of purple.

* If you could have one wish granted, what would it be?
Restore my husbands health. Or perhaps just serenity or contentment in life.

* What does your perfect day look like?
I would wake up at dawn to go for a walk in the woods, it would be about 75 degrees out with lots of birds chirping and a few small animals running around. I would have pancakes for breakfast ad not feel bad afterwards. I would spend time at the park with my husband and my dog and have a picinic lunch or eat outside at a resturant in town. The rest of the day would be filled with laughter and conversations that make you feel closer to a person namely my husband. And on a perfect day my husband would feel like his true self all day long.

* Name the one thing you can not live without.
This is kind of pathetic but I cannot fall asleep without the tv on. So my cable/internet is what I couldn't do without. I mean who wants to live without either after having them? Not me!

* Name 3 places you want to visit.
Ireland, Italy, and all 50 of the United States. The last one was a suggestion from a woman I met in a nursing home, she said not to forget all the beauty we have in this country.

* Lazy day on the couch, what do you do?
First, get a more comfortable couch. Then I would be watching Mystery Science Three Thousand movies, Dogma, and then eating yummy sugary treats throughout the day with my husband and my pets.

* What color is your hair?
Right now it is a dark brown with some reddish tint to it. I dyed it this color which is pretty close to my natural color so that I wouldn't have to do anything for sometime. I want to dye it a dark strawberry blonde but I want it done professionally so I am waiting.

* Name one thing that you hate!
I hate the relationship I have with my body and mind. I am finally aware of the disfuctional relationship I have and I am trying to change.

Ok here are my 11 questions:
1. Why did you start your blog?

2. Does anyone in your "real" life know about or read your blog?

3. If you could make one food your magical food that has no calories and no baring to your weight what would it be?

4. Are you invovled in any type of treatment? Are you on any type of drug therapy?

5. Looking back at your life when do you notice the begining of your disordered eating?

6. What is your favorite way to waste time?

7. What activity do you hate doing; dishes, cooking, commuting, making phone calls, keeping on top of your finances?

8. Looking back at your life is there anything you wish you did more of?

9. If you won a contest that allowed you to build your dream house what would you want and where?

10. Do you have a target weight? What do you think will be different in your life if/when you are at your target weight?

Ok I am nominating a few people who have been nominated already and I don't expect you to re-answer anything or even send anything else out, I just really want to know your answers to the questions and let you know I really like reading your blog.

Emily Anonymous
Kitty
Ruby-Tuesday
And hoping to get you back to blogging,
Does It Even Matter

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me!
    Your answers are really interesting. I didn't get a nutrition degree but I took a class about obesity because of my eating disorder. And I agree with you about the traumatic experience thing. Have most people that know you have an ED expressed their surprise at that? I haven't told enough people to know what the public opinion on EDs is...

    ReplyDelete
  2. done :)
    Thanks for answering my questions.

    ReplyDelete