Monday, January 20, 2014

Annoyed

Well first for the happy news- I got the new job with a nice increase in salary!   I started to get worried I wouldn't get it because my manager had been acting weird with me but maybe it was all in my head.  I won't be starting for right away maybe 2 or 3 weeks which sucks but oh well.  
On to the big problem.   My husband.   He is not doing great right now and it is getting to the point that I can't lie to myself anymore.  I have been thinking continually about what to do and I have yet to find an answer.   I can't continue to live this way but I don't know how I could just leave him.  I need to do something.   I am not happy.   Yesterday when I left work I needed to go grocery shopping and stop at my parents house to print out some insurance forms before coming home.   But he said he wanted to come with me so I picked  him up first.   I knew it was a mistake,  he had been texting me randomly throughout the night not making sense but I figured he wouldn't have wanted to leave the house if he was really out of it.  I was wrong.   He got in the car and I had to change my plans.   He was slurring his speech,  mixing up his words, and had such a disorganized speach pattern.   I couldn't go to my parents house with him like that so we just went to the store.   I really really tried to stay calm but I didn't do a great job at that.   I asked him to go down one row by himself to pick out his cereal while I got ground meat.  I could see him and he could see me so I didn't think it would be a problem.   Again I was wrong.   As I was getting the meat he came back to me saying he knew I was uncomfortable because a strange guy had been talking to me.  That had not happened.  So I asked him to go get the cereal.   I grabbed the meat I wanted and followed him.  He was so lost in his own head.  He was wandering around picking up and dropping boxes and putting them back in the wrong spot.  We got the cereal finally and finished shopping when he then said he wanted flavor packets to put in his water and that he would quickly go get them.   He asked that I stay next to the bananas so he could find me.  OK, I knew this was a bad idea but I was out of energy to fight.   He took forever and came back with nothing.   At this point I just wanted to get home and go to bed.  On the drive home he was talking nonstop and unrealistically.   The unrealistic thoughts and plans have been driving me crazy lately because he truly believes that this shit is possible and a good idea.  I have hit the point that I can't pretend to myself anymore. Oh and after work today I get to go see my psych PA who prescribes my medicine.   I need to be honest with her and tell her how unhappy I have been.   I will not continue to be unhappy.

2 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    I really can not imagine what yu go through.. Sometimes I want to tell you what I think you should do, but then i remember, I don't know what you go through in your life, how things have been, and your reasons why you are staying in this relationship.. But in a weird way I feel like I know you.. I guess that is how things go when we read about each others lives here..

    I just want you to be happy.. I am so glad you got the job, you deserve the best.
    Take care of you hon <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kitty! I know what you mean about giving advice because I know what I would want to tell someone in my situation to do. But thank you for reading and commenting it makes me feel so much better to know someone cares.

      Delete