Wednesday, November 28, 2012

I feel extra gross

I feel so gross right now. I got my period after not having it for awhile and I am in so much pain. It feels like am having all the cramps that I missed all at once. I am just sitting here at work and I plan on having a relaxing night, which means it will be a crazy night instead. We have a full unit which is good (20 patients), however they are a very sickly group. We have three patients on watch and I am watching one patient who is on watch for her own safety. However, at least three other patients should also be on watch, one is wandering into other rooms and laying in beds, another cannot get out of bed by herself because she only has one leg, and the third one is laying on the floor in the hallway refusing to move. So it might be a busier night than i want, but I really can't complain I am at work afterall so I should expect to work.
On the food front I am trying to get back on a healthy track. I have been eating nonstop crap and comfort foods since August and it is not healthy. I went grocery shopping and bought a lot of my basics to keep things simple. I made a rule for myself that I will not have any cereal except my high fiber shreaded wheat which I eat dry at work. Cereal is on of my favorite comfort foods and I usually end up bingeing on it so a had and fast rule is needed. That is the only strict rule, I fear that if I make too many rules I will end up failing.
My wt has been steady at 123.4 for days now and my favorite work pants are tight.
I want to get back down to 110lbs, I felt the best at that wt. I mean I am sure I would feel even better lower than that but let's get there first. Ofcourse I am adament about getting myself back on track during holiday time but why would I ever do anything the easy way?

3 comments:

  1. what kind of place do you work at? I'm assuming a hospital, but maybe a psych ward? Or just a normal ward?
    I hope you have an easy evening! It sounds like you deserve it. :)
    Thanks for commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I work in a psych hospital on a 20bed unit. We actually have four adult units and a childrens and a teen unit. One of the adult units is really a detox/ duel dx unit. Aren't you a psy major? If you are I would really recommend seeing if you can work a summer in a hospital or crisis unit at an ER, it gives you insight to different areas of mental health that you might not have known about. Plus it would look great on a resume!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay, I nominated you for the liebster award :) Have a look if you got the time http://yesiwillbelosingit.blogspot.se/2012/12/liebster-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete