Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Wow its been too long!

I have been so tired, busy, mentally exhausted, and/or bored with myself that I haven't written in too long! Of course the battery on my phone is low right now but I will try to get this up asap. Well as you can tell I made the rational choice of adding another variable to my life. Let me explain.
My husband and I want to adopt another dog to train as an emotional support animal for him. Basically the dog acts as a shield to society to make Ed feel more comfortable in unfamiliar settings. Eventually we hope to train the dog to come get me if something is wrong and to block Ed from leaving he house without the dog. Well I have put in an application with a resuce group and the lady called me Friday at noon. Since I work night shift I was just failing asleep. She explained that Rover was cleared to leave the vet but his foster family would not return and calls or messages. She thought we might be willing to care for Rover until the dog we want is ready to be adopted. Well ofcourse I wanted to but first I wanted to talk to the vet and see what aftercare he would need. And I had to talk to Ed and make sure he was willing to take our of him and then give him to a forever home. Well a half hour later I agreed to pick up a kennel at the ladys house and then pick up Rover at the vet. Let me tell you how sweet he is! We haven't had a puppy in a long time, Layla is 7, so its been so cute to watch a big clumsy puppy! Trying to keep him calm and resting has been very hard but it has been wonderful for Ed. It has given him something that he has to do and cannot slip up on. He knows that if Rover is going to live happily ever after in a forever home he needs to heal and be well behaved when it comes time. I was worried at first if he could handle it and so far its been great.
I also met my new therapist and she was really good. She made me set goals that will help me feel less overwhelmed. First on the list was getting Ed to call in his own prescription refils. Next goal is for him to do a grocery shop without me. Those two things lighten my load and free up time for me to do other things instead. I will be meeting with her everyother week and I am actually excited, along with nervous about her approach. It will force me to take action and tell Ed what I need him to do to help me.
Ok I need to charge my phone and catch up everyones blog! Hope everyone is having a great week so far and if not try to make it better for yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I keep going awww, very time I see the pups picture hehe :)

    This seems like a good idea. This way you will also see if he will be able to tend to a pup over longer period, I mean.. A pup isn't a baby, but they are not far from one either :)

    Take care of you hon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's great! Pets are great motivators and they're so lovable/loving!
    Let us know how you do on the goals! It might be hard when they rely on other people's help, but it's definitely something to try.

    ReplyDelete