Sunday, October 7, 2012

Long day

So last night didn't stay calm for long at work but I was horrible. The guy who was worked up never really became a hugh problem, he punched the wall a few times and yelled a bit but nothing too troublsome. Tonight I picked up a shift on our most "troubled" adult unit. I don't really pick up a lot here but I never really mind being over here, its only the childrens unit that makes me sad so I avoid that unit as much as I can. Right now I am watching a male SP who is in the opened quiet room, basically a small room with a mattress that has a door if we need to shut incase the patient becomes too violent. So far so good though. Before my shift started they had to put a woman in the restraint room which basically is being tied to bed. It is the worst practice in my opinion. We took her out of restraints and she stayed asleep, but she just woke up to use the bathroom and she was very nice. Granted the last shift shot her with a ton of meds so that she would be mellow but whatever. She is talking to herself a bit but hey I work at a hospital this is my normal. I would rather dope a person up than tie them to a bed that is barbaric.
My sleep was a bit crazy, I went home and slept for about 4.5 hours went to my moms for 3 hours and then back to bed for another 4 hours. I actually feel rested enough, after my 2 caffeine pills that is. On Monday I see my PA (the therapist who is in control of my meds) and I think it is time for a change up. I skipped the one today that I take before bed because it zonks me out and I wouldn't have been able to wake up and do things if I had taken it. Plus I think it is time to go back on a mood stabilizer,I haven't been on one for years now but my mood has really been up and down for months now. Maybe not a mood stabilizer even, maybe a different antidepressant. I never swing too high its more that I start out ok and get more and more down, crabby, mad as the day goes on. I have been working on controling the crabby part but its been really hard. I get angry at having to be in charge o everything, but I realise my life is my life and I have to change things if I want change.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment hon - I know I have been ttly MIA lately.. I promise I will come with a proper update soon :)

    Having to be in charge of everything is really tiring.. I know that I don't have to be in charge of everything in my relationship, but sometimes I do feel like I am, cause my hubby has been horrid to communicate lately..

    It is "funny" how we always know that we will have to make changes if we want changes, but we normally don't take that step... I do always wonder why that is.. hmm..

    Take care of you hon <3

    ReplyDelete