Thursday, January 31, 2013

New plan for the week

Well January didn't go as well as I had hoped but in a few hours it will be a brand new month. My goals for spending time on myself and relaxing more went decently but I do need to keep it in the forefront of my mind. Money wise has been ok, if I stick to my plan things will be less stressful and we will be able to save for a vacation this summer. Its emoitional eating/binge eating that has been my problem. I have been using food as my drug to relax and escape, but shit the return to real life afterwards sucks. So I have been thinking about what I can do to change this pattern. Since I over eat proccessed carbs like cereal and bread I have rethought my grocery list and menu for the week. I am not buying cereal because I tend to overeat it even the healthy kind. I am not going to buy anything that I would normally pair with bread so that I won't have trigger foods on hand. Instead I am going to prepare a few days worth of food on Friday after work. I like to keep things simple so I am picking four dishes that I can mix and match.
Broccoli and reduced fat cheese
Green salad with chickpeas
Salsa chicken
A tomato based soup with tons of vegetables and kidney beans
And maybe after a few days I will cook some lean ground turkey to add to the mix and try to have eggs once or twice to mix things up.
I did all the calculations and I know I can get the nutritents I need without having any of my trigger foods in the house.
So I am going to make a goal for the week having been inspired by Emily.

I am going to take atleast 3 hours to myself with in the next 7 days.
I will eat healthy, nutritious, and delicious food for my well being.
I will not eat food as an escape or in excess quantities.

So tomorrow after work I will go to the store and then prepare my yummy food and keep it as simple as I can for myself.
Have a great weekend ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment