Friday, July 12, 2013

Living

Well it is Friday morning and here I am at work looking back at the week and feeling pretty good. I did binge this week, however, I also did things this week.
Monday I didn't sleep much because my hubby had a court appearance due to kicking down a door during a manic episode, luckily we only have to pay the owner of the building for the repair and it prompted a medication change that seems to be working for him.
Tuesday we went out for pizza before I went to work. Actually hubby went to play volleyball with a league we signed him up with while I slept and then we went for pizza.
Wenesday I had a check in with my PA who oversees my medication and afterwards all five of us (me,hubby, cat, and two dogs) watched tv in bed. It was the first time all of us did that so it was cute. P.S. One Eyed Jack the Cat still doesn't like the dogs but is being nicer.
Thursday we were trying to bring Jack to the vet but he was freaking out so bad we cancelled and will try next week. I never saw the poor guy so upset. So instead we all watched a bad tv movie about sharks that were thought to have died out killing people. I love watching movies you know are poor quality, its funny.
So today I need to bring Rover to the vet to check out his limp and make sure he is healing okay. I also want to pick somethings up at the store and exchange a bra I bought. But I am really excited that on Saturday I am going to a free yoga class. I have been told yoga would be great for me, you know finding my center and all of that but I never could really say I was ready. I think I am ready to try it and see if I like it. Then we are taking Rover to a foster/adoption expo, hopefuly finding him his forever home.
I am going to continue with my whole "Live Actively" mantra. I don't know if this is something that I will drop and forget about but for now it is keeping my mood more upbeat and that's nice. The app I downloaded "recovery record" has been a neat tool to use this past week. I can see it being really helpful as a tool used with a treatment team but for now I just am using it for me. So far so good. I have to be more aware of my bingeing. I did certain things this week that I know I shouldn't do and that make it hard for me to stay on track so this week I need to put up my safety guards: no sugary cereal, no cash to work for the vending machine, and cake is not a meal! Ok guess I need to charge my phone before it dies.
So what are you planning to do to avoid your triggers?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that things are going well for you josie
    You are doing practical things to help yourself and it seems to be paying off

    Triggers for me are a big problem
    I try to avoid reading weight loss blogs and anything to do with weight loss but it's everywhere and hard to avoid

    Oh I didn't know that you are Irish
    That's cool!

    Keep fighting Josie, you are a star x

    ReplyDelete