Monday, July 1, 2013

July WOW

How is it July already? We are more than half way through this year and I don't feel like I did much of anything. I am happy to say that our "foster" dog Grover is doing very well, he has been such a sweetie. We will definitly miss him when he finds his forever home. We are still trying to adopt "Theo" who is about 4 or 5 years old as more of an emoitional support animal for my husband. He seems like a dog who could handle that job. Food wise I have binged less which is good but I still am using food as an emoitional response to stress. I am trying to find a better way to cope with stress and my goal is to actually plan my schedule a bit better so that I have my responsibilities spread out more. Right now I have a lot of things all clumped together but I am going to make a big effort to stop doing that.
I like my new therapist, although, before every visit so far I have wanted to cancel my appointment and just pretend everything is fine. I do feel good after the visit its just my anxiety trying to take over. Speaking of emoitions I did something dumb, I signed up for overtime on the childrens unit thinking that if I only stayed til 6 am I would be ok and not get myself upset. I was very wrong! I went over and I had to watch a 4 year old who was on a supervised watch all night long. He is 4! Tiny and sweet looking, cute and silly when he woke up. I am going to try one more shift over there and if it still makes me upset then I will tell my boss I just can't do it. I want to give it another shot and see if it was just the fact that it was a4 year old that upset me.

I have decided that this month I am going to actively live my life and not just get by. I want to enjoy the different parts of my life and not burn out on one part and miss out on other parts. So that is my motto for this week atleast.

Live activly.

3 comments:

  1. Good goal! Let us know how it goes.
    Although i have to say that getting by is defintiely better than a lot of things. I would be happy with it.
    Why was a 4 year old on the ward?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly this is the little boys second time here in the hospital. His mother states that he has poor impulse control?!? That's called being 4. Granted his mother claims he threatens the family with knifes and scissors and that he wakes up in the middle of the night and plays with the stove. So either he is pretty sick or his mother is. Not great options. That's why I find the teen and kids units so sad.

      Delete
  2. poor little boy.. a baby threating the family?? It just doesn't make sense.. kids don't do those kind of things at that age unless they are trying to survive, or have learned it from the people around them... poor little boy.. breaks my heart..

    I could never do what you do Josie.. I just couldn't.. I admire you for trying..

    ReplyDelete