Friday, July 26, 2013

Its always something...

I feel like I never have time to write and really get everything out of my head. Life was going fairly well during last post, I felt like I was improving and I was hopeful. Then my real life came back. My husband Ed had a manic episode and I could tell it was escalating when I left for work at 11:30 at night. I was right. He started sending me odd text messages around 5 am that I couldn't understand. By 6:30 am I had figured out he was locked out of our house, couldn't stand, and still confused. I left work early and found him outside unable to tand on his right foot. I took him to the hospital and it turns out he fractured a bone in his foot. Awesome. So he has been stuck on the couch since 7/14. He can get up the stairs 1x a day if he needs to, but otherwise he is using a urinal I took from the hospital. This means that I am now taking full care of him and the animals. I have to wake up to walk the dogs every few hours, I have had to take all 3 of them to vet appointments, and bring Ed his meds and make him food. I have rearly ever had a problem stying awake at work. That was always. Joke that my special skills include watching a person sleep and not falling asleep also. But now forget it. Being that I do overtime here at work some days I don't stay my whole shift, till 8:30am and instead I leave at 6, 7, or whenever I can. So the otherday I left at 7:30 and drove to the library to pick up the books I had on hold. It doesn't open until 9 so I parked the car under some trees and took a nap. It was so nice! Yup, sleeping in the car was very nice. Ugh. So I am exhausted and yesterday I called in sick. I had stayed up for 22 hours taking care of so many errands including taking Ed for an appointment at 3 in the after noon. By the time I was able to lay down it as 6pm. I called off work and woke up 1x to walk the dogs and then at 6am. I felt so groggy. Now I am here at work and I am fighting to stay awake. Fighting.
I feel like all I do is fight. Ed swears this accident has changed him and that things will be different. He seems upset that I couldn't believe him. He has said it before, how do I know things will change? The thought of placing him in a group home crossed my mind again, not divorce but a seperation. If I can't ensure his safety and the safety of the animals it will have to come to that.
Right now I could curl up just bout anywhere and fall asleep. I need to make a to do list for afterwork otherwise I won't do anything productive. Luckily I don't have much to just a few errands then lounge on the sofa and watch Kic Ass with hubby. I took two movies out this week from the library and I think I will be doing that more often. Movies for free is not a bad deal especially since so many have come out that I haven't seen. Anyone have suggestions for movies? Nothing that will make me cry is my only rule.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow.. I get tired just by reading about all the things you have to do... Hang in there hon..

    Hmmm movies.. Have you seen the new wizard of OZ? it was OK - had some funny moments.. Oh and the new fast and furious, I loved the Ironman movies ( there is just something about Robert Downey Jr that makes me wanna, you know ^^) oh and the sherlock ones were good too (those have him and Jude Law, which is also pretty yum lol), so I wanna watch the 3rd one of those too.

    I also love cartoons, so Tangled, princess and the frog, dispicable me, madagascar - oh and some old romantic ones like failure to launch, and because I said so are fun..

    I guess I don't really know what sort of movies you are into, but I find my self always feeling better as soon as there is something yummy or girly to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot. Being a caretaker drains you, especially if it's forced on you. Do you have any solid plans now about how to deal?
    Let's see, good movies...
    Analyze This was pretty funny, 50 First Dates, the Batman trilogy if your hubby doesn't like girly movies, any Pixar movie, the Princess Bride.
    Those are a few lighthearted ones (except Batman)

    ReplyDelete