Saturday, October 4, 2014

Holy shit

A woman killed herself last week.   She had been a patient at the hospital I work in.   I should not be especially shocked,  I mean I work in a psychiatrist hospital after all.  I was aware that someone recently discharged had overdosed and felt horrible for the family.   I mean your relative is discharged from the hospital you would think they were in a stable mind set.   But life doesn't always make sense.   Yesterday a nurse mentioned what the young lady took and how much.   It made my legs weak.  She overdosed on the medication my husband has been over taking.   It was a number I could imagine him taking.  
That cleared my thoughts up quickly.   He is definitely a danger to himself.  I must do something, I can't just sit by and watch this happen.

3 comments:

  1. Josie I am so sorry
    That must be so hard to deal with
    Given what is happening at home for you
    I say it again
    Please put yourself first
    And stay safe
    I don't know all of what is happening
    But it's obvious that it is taking a toll on you
    Your husband needs help
    And you need a break
    You really do

    Thinking of you today x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omfg, that is scary. Shit, you can't live like that, not knowing if he's alive when you get home...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh honey... I have no words..

    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete