Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Update

So last week as things were getting back to my lifes version of normal life got interesting again.  On the 23rd I woke up at 6:30pm to my dog barking like crazy.  I was planning on waking up at 7:30 to shower and spend time with hubby before work.  So I got out of bed and went downstairs to see what was wrong.  What was wrong?  Well my front door was open with only the screen door closed and my husband was no where to be found.  So I looked around the house to double check and found his cellphone and wallet were still in the house.  I hoped he had walked to the store and forgot to lock the door so I went and drove around the neighborhood.  Nothing.  I checked his phone to see if he had maybe talked to a friend beforehand or something.  Nothing.  I continued to look around town anywhere I thought he would have gone.  Finally at 9:30 I get a phone call. Its the ER.  He is ok, he was finally able to remember his last name.  Since he had no ID on him they had toget information from him and he was completly out of it.  So I drive to the hospital and call off work on my way.  I get to h ER and I talked to the Dr.  I could tell the dr thought he was on drugs or something but I explained that this has happened before.  He has a mental break and blacks out with no idea of what happened.  I have been with him and witnessed it, he has no memory of what goes on during it.  So I told the dr I called off work (I did tell him the hospital I work at, its the mental hospital , and we admitt patients from that ER) and he said after the lab results come back I could take him home. 
So he doesn't remember pretty much anything and has no idea why he left the house.  Not great.  I am looking to buy him a medical id braclet so that this won't happen to this extent again.

1 comment: