Thursday, May 2, 2013

I am so bitchy!

Ugh, working so many days in a row has caught up with me, IIam such a bitch! Ok well in all fairness I am always a bitch, I just can normally hide it better. I can't help the fact that I have a very low tolerance for bullshit. Yesterday morning at work a situation arose that just irritated me and I removed myself from the unit so that I wouldn't get myself in trouble for saying my thought out loud. Sounds kind of horrible but it was a smart choice. You see we have a patient with brain damage who is unpredictable and violent at time. Well staff for the next shift came in to start their day and they would not take into consideration mine and my coworkers opinion on what saftey measures to use with him. Mind you this patient was hitting my coworker about 10 minutes prior to this and had been very violent the day prior. We suggested they not give the man a table and chair in the hallway because he would throw them. Well we were ignored and by the 3rd time he threw the table I realized I needed to leave before I told coworkers they were morons. I have problem with people not understanding where we work, we are not a summer camp, we are a mental health hospital. This should be handled in a way that makes sense. If a patient normally throws things you in turn do not give them things to throw. Granted we don't always have patients like this but it is our job to keep all the patients safe and comfortable and expecting things like this is part of he job. Its expected behavior, no one should be surprised by it. Ok end work rant.

Well after work I had my therapy appointment, this being the 45 minutes of talk therapy. As I drove home from work I really didn't want to go. I felt nausous and tired and didn't feel like talking. I had to stop at a store to pick up new headphones since mine broke at 4am and then try to park down town. So I get there the waiting room is so full there was no place to sit. As soon as my appointment started I was so glad I went. Judy is such a wonderful person and really makes me look at things that I might otherwise not. Next week I see the person who is in charge of my medications which is a shorter visit at the same center. I am feling better and less depressed but some of that is due to the Bronkaid, which I did tell Judy about. Honesty feels strange sometimes. The harder person to tell will be Carleene, the PA in charge of my medications. I know she won't approve of taking the medicine for purposes other than you know asthma attacks but, shit it makes the work night so much better. Fuck even I know its wrong but at least I will actually admit to myself it is wrong and that I shouldn't do it. Good rule if you do something you need to hide or feel the want to hide you probably shouldn't be doing it.
Ok time to pull my shit together and start my morning work here at you know work...

No comments:

Post a Comment