Sunday, May 12, 2013

Starting to feel less crappy!

Well I have been trying to really think over what I want my life to be like so that I can explain it to my husband. I haven't really figured out anything but that's ok for right now. I don't want to waste time but I also don't want to rush myself.
Tomorrow is our engagement anniversary, 8 years. These past 8 years have been such a blur. I want to look forward and be excited about the future and not feel like I am waiting for the next disaster. I have the next two nights off from work and I want to enjoy time with my husband not fight. So I am planning some cute things for us to do to remind us of the begining of our relationship.

Anyway, I need to get back to leading a healthy life, not living in extremes as I tend to. So back to eating a balanced diet, relaxing and not over working myself and not sleeping for crazy amounts of time. No one should ever be tired enough to sleep 20 hours. Extreme much? I know its a coping skill, distraction from the real problem at hand. So I need to stop. My plan is to pick up less overtime no more 13 days in a row and no bingeing. Keep it simple. I am making a rule for myself not to work more than 7 days in a row and to try to have two or three days off in a row at least 1 time a month. Food wise I know I can't keep wolfing down junk food and then eat very little to counter balance the calories. So back to practicing the whole Moderation thing again. I did feel so much better when I was more balanced with my eating and I need that now. Plus to be honest I am squeezing into my pants right now and its just uncomfortable. I don't want to feel like I need to wear a blazer or jacket to hide my body. I want to be ok with myself.
Its weird I worked on the teen unit last week and one of the staff members have an assignment tons young girl. Look in the mirror for give minutes and tell yourself there things about yourself you love. All I could think of was how hard that would be go do. Do you think you can do it? I dare you.

Well ladies thank you again so so much for your support, I can't tell you how much it means to me! And kitty happy mothers day!

4 comments:

  1. You are the first person who ever has ever wished me happy mothers day! Thanks <3 when I got the e-mail with the comment you left on my last post, I just couldn't stop smiling.. Thanks hon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and happy 8th :) Enjoy your time off and I think your plan sounds great, good luck with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It seems like you work a lot. I mean, most people work 5 days in a row and then get time off for the weekend. You're doing more than what most do, so I think trying for some extra time off is a very good idea.
    I hope the date night goes well!
    Five minutes is a long time... I think I'd probably run out of things to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You work so hard Josie
    Remember to look after yourself too
    You spend a lot of time taking care of others, I hope you don't forget about yourself too

    Happy anniversary! x

    ReplyDelete