Wednesday, March 6, 2013

No failures only learning opportunities

Ok to be positive I have been doing pretty well since the new year with my goals of living an overall healthier life.  I have been trying to stay with a positive state of mind and make rational food choices and I have had more good days than bad.  I even bought 2 pairs of pants and part of me knows I look fine in them, while the crazy part of my mind tells me I look hugh in them, but I have been wearing them like crazy to get over it!  I swear I have fun house mirrors for eyes. 
Ok lesson learned in the past two weeks:  I love pizza and I should not eat four slices at once.  I did it two weeks in a row and while it is fine to do that once in awhile I can't do it weekly as it is not healthy.  MODERATION!  So I am going to set my self a goal of eating my 25 grams of fiber and 45 grams of protein everyday for 7 days.  This is realistic and healthy.  I have noticed that since starting this new phase of eating my cravings have gone way down and I am able to ride them out if I need to or satisfy them with something much healthier. 
Mind set wise I have been trying to catch myself when I start to get annoyed with different things.  I might not do it right away but I have been trying to look at a sistuation and figure out what is bugging me, if I can change it, or if it is something that I just need to deal with.  I guess its sort of like the Serenity prayer:
God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

There is more to the prayer but the begining is the part that connects to me right now. Sometimes shit sucks and you need to figure out what to do about it. Twice this week I had to remind myself that even though things were happening that I didn't like, I couldn't change it so it is better to just roll with it and make the best of it. Granted in my head I was throwing a hissy fit and stomping my feet.
Ok goal same as last time
45 grams of protein
25 grams of fiber
Everyday for 7 days
Find dentist for hubby
Did this last week and I was given all the wrong info so I have to start all over!
Call dentist for me
Get new glasses

This is all stuff for the next 7 days that I want to get done all while staying in a positive state of mind.
Ok happy thoughts!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for being so awol! Moderation is what I aim for too.. GL hon :)

    ReplyDelete