Saturday, March 2, 2013

No too bad

Well my short list of goals seems to be a pretty good way of making sure I get at least some of my tasks done.  I was able to do almost everything, I did not technically set aside time to enjoy something but I felt pretty good because work was mostly chill.  I have been very careful to make sure I get my protein and fiber grams in which keeps me in line to eat healthy.  I did make my soup afterwork which was good, I do need to add more spices though.  I keep tweaking the recipe to find the best blend of veggies and broth but the spice part always trips me up.  At least this time it was too little that I can fix, too much on the otherhand I have to suffer through! 
Today I want to balance my checkbook and call a dentist office for my husband.  After 1.5hours on the phone I now have a list of offices that take his insurance and one place is a big group office that has hours on Saturdays.  I figure I should be able to set him up with an appointment  and hopefully soon since he is saying his mouth hurts.
This is kind of what I mean when I say I am sick of something always being wrong. If it is not his neck hurting it is his mouth. If not that then he has insomnia, a fever, hearing voices, anything. I know he is sick but I would love a day of nothing wrong.
Ok time to switch my frame of mind. I need to stay positive and upbeat because really why would I not want to be positive and upbeat? You can not rely on others for your happiness only you can control that. I read that somewhere a few months back and I wrote it down so that I would remember it. I try to keep that in mind throughout my day as things are happening, I choose how I react and how I am affected.

Goals
25 grams fiber
45 grams of protein
4 bottles of h2o
Call dentist office
Clean litter box
Balance checkbook

I have so much more I want to add! Trying to keep it short and if I get other things done great if not it can be on tomorrows list. I think that is what I will do, make a list of everything I need to do and check things off as I go along. Maybe seeing myself do a few things at a time will help feel like I can get everything done in due time.

3 comments:

  1. Does your husband not like making appointments for himself? Or is making appointments just kind of one of your roles in the relationship?
    Wow, 4 bottles of water! I don't think I could even drink one bottle in an entire day. I just don't get very thirsty. Not to mention that here we have the dreaded diet soda which tastes much better than water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took over every aspect of life when he had a total break with reality and I am now trying to get him to start to do his own thing. But really who wouldn't want a personl assistant? Oh and I only got 3.5 bottles of water in, oh well.

      Delete
  2. Being positive is not that easy, but what else can you do?

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com



    ReplyDelete