Sunday, March 31, 2013

So tired

Ugh. That's all, just ugh. I am so run down these past few days I have no energy to do anything. I mean I am so sluggish that I sat down on my tub while I brushed my teeth earlier. At work I waited over an hour to use the bathroom because getting up and going all the way to the bathroom seemed like too much.
Thank goodness work has been very mellow this week, I don't know how I would have been able to make it through a night otherwise. Last night was wonderful actually, as tonight has been also. I had two admissions tonight but I can do those rather quickly at his point especially if it a patient who has been here before itts less scary of a process then.
I was able to stick to my goal of sleeping at last 8 hours and doing something for myself. I am very worried about next weekend though. My husband is going away for the weekend with his best friend and I am worried something will happen. I am so glad I got him a medical id braclet that has his dx on it and my cell phone number. If anything happens all someone has to do is look at the braclet and they can call me. My biggest fear is not medical staff calling me but police calling instead. What if he has a manic episode and police think he is high or something? That is why I put his dx on the braclet, it says bipolar hx/psychosis. Kind of blunt huh? I know there is no point in worrying. I want him to go and have an awesome time and I am excited to have the house to myself, I even have one of the days off.
Well time to actually work while I am here at the hospital. Hope everyone has a great week.

2 comments:

  1. I am really glad you had some "me time" :) Now stop worrying about hubby :) If something was to happen you will deal with it then..

    hope you have a great week and a happy easter hon.. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had those days where getting up to go to the bathroom is too much work. It'll pass soon, don't worry.
    Have a great time being alone! (I really mean that, alone time can be very fun) I'm sure your husband is glad for the vacation and when you're reunited you'll be all refreshed and ready to see each other with vim and verve.
    You know what I mean... I feel like I'm making no sense but oh well.

    ReplyDelete