Sunday, February 17, 2013

Being rational is hard!

So my personal goal as of late has been trying to find a balance.  A balance in all aspects of my life.  I am finding it hard to not eat due to emoitions as I use carbohydrates like a drug.  I have found it is possible when I keep certain foods out of my house, but somethings just show up!  I have to keep my resolve however many times I might slip and learn from each slip. 
Lesson one:  cookies are too yummy to eat just one, as is chocolate.  My lesson from that is that those are "sometimes" foods.  Food that I will eat, but not all the time and not in an uncontrolable manor.  For now that means I need to keep my surroundings bursting with "real" food.  One thing I have been doing is buying food that will spoil like salad ingreedients and since I don't want them to go to waste I prepare them.  Today I made myself eat my carrots at work before any of my other food because I have had them for several days.  Now that I am hungry and I am going to have a 2 cup serving of the soup I made this morning.  It has about 10 grams of protein and 12 grams of fiber so it is very filling and I hope this newly revised version tastes good!
Ok time to eat before it gets too crazy here at work.

2 comments:

  1. I have always been an emotional eater..

    and to answer your question, Pasta is not evil - having 4 portions of pasta in one sitting is....

    I am trying to refocus and get back to the mindset i had with food while I was pregnant.. eat when hungry, stop when starting to feel full.. And not overthinking it.. Portion control and as you say, finding a balance..

    I was reading your profile again - and I was wondering. How come you don't work with nutrition any more?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to work with nutrition again its one of the few things I am confident about my skills. My last job I loved, I was able to take on a lot of different projects and it was really fun. Unfortunatly the office was closed due to horrible financial planning and the recession. I was out of work for a while and I applied for the job I have nowthinking the hours would be good to look after my husband more. I had always been interested in mental health and working night sift ment I would be home during the day just incase. I

      Delete