Friday, February 8, 2013

Learning curve

Well I refuse to look at this past week as a failure.  I was able to eat many healthy, delicious, and nutritious meals which is a great thing.  My weak points I have identified and I need to come up with ways to handle them.  I didn't gain or lose any wt even with my slips.
Since I work at an inpatient psy hospital my coworkers and I will talk about what dx are the hardest patients. Most people find either borderline personality disorder, manic stage bipolar, or detox patients the hardest to deal with but for me its ED patients. I mean any other disorder you can give a person medicine to calm them down or make them more comfortable but us EDs, we just can't be satisfied. Plus I feel like a hypocrite when I am suppose to be setting a good example. Only one female coworker knows that I "used to" have an ED and we don't ork the same shift anymore, but I don't actively hide it but once in awhile I will slip and say something. Most people would think I was joking when I say "please don't leave cake with the binge eater", ha ha so funny right?
Anyway I feel this week I did better than the week before and that is what I am focusing on. Improving.

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had some of your current mindset - Keep at it hon <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Healthy nutritious meals sound goooood ! That's wonderful news. Do your colleague know you are still having issues then ? Tbh I was discussing this with Prince Charming last night, that everyone has an issue with something or other, and that probably every single person in the universe has an issue with food, albeit of varying intensities... what do you think ?

    Princess xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying positive is really important in recovery and I'm glad you're able to do that even though you had a few slips. Keep going strong! You're amazing and you're doing so well.

    ReplyDelete