Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Tryiing to stay positive.

While things are okay I am trying to keep a positive state of mind.  Yesterday went well overall, work was good and so was hubby.  I did not get as much sleep as I wanted but that wasn't too big of a deal.  Hubby saw his psy dr and was given a new medication which I will pick up on my way home from work, hopefully we will see an improvement.  I also asked him to consider going to a support group for families dealing with mental health issues and he seemed open to the idea and will think about it.  I think it would be good for us. 
One thing is taking up negative space right now in my mind.  Hubby had a MRI last week and the dr himself called and left a message.  Now its odd for a few reasons:
The dr didn't order the MRI his physician assistant did
He hasn't actually seen the dr in months
The office has never called us after pass MRIs we normally just review it at his next visit.
So I am a bit worried but I am trying to push to the back of my mind until I leave work and can all the office.
Foodwise I have been eating and reacting to food almost like a normal person, which has been weird.  I didn't stick to all healthy foods like I wanted to instead I did eat pizza and have some junk food here and there.  And it was ok. Weird I know.  My wt last week was stable and I didn't eat till I hurt, sure I ate more pizza then a person should but again nothing that would seem odd to anyone else. 
So for this week I am aiming to drink more water, about 100oz or so, mainly to help with the bloating from salt last week. I am also going to try that crazy thing called moderation. I am normally not very good at that so I am going to avoid certain things that are hard not to over eat but I think I will be having a meal out and I want to enjoy it while not bingeing.
I have one other tough situation this week. I ned to buy a pair of jeans, skinny jeans at that. Now I hate shopping for pants more than any other clothing but my old pair actually fell apart last week and since they were my Friday work jeans/ jeans to wear with knee high boots or nice top, I need to replace them. So knowing that I have to try on pants at the end of the week makes me want to try to lose wt but I know I shouldn't.
Well I hope the week is going well for everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Your posts lately make me smile! I am so glad that you are doing so well! Try to keep the same mindset when you go shopping for those pants.. I know it is one of the hardest things to shop! But I am sure you look fab :)

    I hope everything is OK with the MRI.. Maybe the doctor is just doing a proper check-in?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay yay yay! Josie I think of all the blogs I read you're doing the best of all. I'm so proud of you and I absolutely love that you're doing so well. you're an inspiration.
    I hope the MRI goes well. it could be that the doctor just thought it would be good practice to call himself a few times.

    ReplyDelete