Monday, February 25, 2013

Trying to believe

I felt really good yesterday about my husband saying things would be better.  But I don't know if it actually can be.  I wanted us to have a "date".  I bought some ingreedients for one of our favorite dishes and he was going to cook it so we could eat that while watching the oscars.  Normally I don't care about award shows but we both love the guy who was hosting, in fact we credit our mutual love of his shows to us getting together.  So I went to bed early and set my alarm so I could wake up and have our special night.  When I woke up he told me he didn't feel good and didn't feel like cooking, oh and he ate the chips that we were going to have with the meal.  So he said he will cook the food tomorrow night instead I just have to pick up more chips on my way home from work.
(Side note we were going to have ground turkey with cheese and salsa and eat it with chips)
So although I know that feeling sick isn't something you plan I also am sick of the fact that something is always wrong. I can't remember a day that nothing was "wrong" or just a regular no complaints day. I don't think I want to live my life as if something is wrong every single day. Like I have been writing I want a real full life and I am not going to let myself miss anymore of the life I have.

3 comments:

  1. I knew someone once who was always sick. I tried to be patient but eventually it got really annoying, and more than that I wondered if he was faking. I doubt your husband would fake but I think it's ok to get annoyed once in a while as long as you discuss it with him and don't hold in stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your last sentence, sounds like an awesome resolution to have. And omg that dinner sounds amazing, did you end up cooking it then ? and if so, how was it ?

    Sorry to hear everyday feels like something's wrong. One thing I like to do at the end of each day is write 8 good things that happened that day or that made me smile/happy/lifted/productive. It helps me focus on the good rather than the bad.

    Princess xxx
    http://keepcalmdonteatcake.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't end up eating it that night but lean ground turkey with salsa is one of our favorite meals. We change it up with different things like cheese or pinto beans added in, yum!

      Delete